(C. Baistrocchi, E. Baistrocchi, N. Bloise, L. Rocco, "Inserimento ambientale di barriere antirumore per traffico veicolare" (Environmentally-sustainable installation of noise road barriers), University of Florence, Engineers´ Journal, no. 10, 2001)
Urbantech´s work is based on the awareness that a noise barrier needs to be looked at not just for its soundproofing performance, but for its appearance too.
The key factors to achieve such goal are:
- hidden vertical risers, to avoid a repetitive effect and to make the surface of the barrier look like one single design;
- free colours: any colour may be used;
- free design: the receiving side may be easily made to a bespoke design;
- free addition of accessories (artificial greenery, wooden parts, etc.);
- adjustable colour and design on the "roadside" too;
- maintenance-free appearance.